The campsite expects to open on Saturday 11th July, but this will only be for self-contained campervans and motorhomes; the shower and toilet block will remain closed until 1st August; water taps are available around the main site, plus hook-ups and access to a chemical waste.
The Welsh Government has yet to advise when we can welcome tents and vehicles that are not self-contained again, though we anticipate that this may be by the end of the month (all being well).
Update Tuesday 7th July 2020:
- Whitesands Car Park (owned by St Davids City Council) is now open and free of charge for the time being. The Public Conveniences are also now open (Pembrokeshire County Council). The Lifeguards have returned to safeguard the beach and a new ice cream hut (Mor Ice Cream) has opened next to the beach.
- Beaches are now accessible to all and the Pembrokeshire Coast Path is open. With effect from Monday 6th July Wales First Minister Mark Drakeford confirmed an end the "stay local" five-mile rule.
- Looking ahead:
- From Monday 11th July the Welsh Assembly Government have decided: "motorhomes and campervans where they have their own on-board shower, WC and kitchen facilities" can stay on campsites in Wales. "All shared facilities, aside from water and disposal points will remain closed including toilets, shower blocks".
- A "final decision" on this will be made on Thursday 9th July. No mention has yet been made regarding tents; we await more details and confirmation from the Welsh Assembly. Rumour has it that tents may be allowed at the end of July or early August.
- If we are allowed to open on Saturday 11th July, we will therefore not be opening the new campsite toilets until Saturday 1st August (at the earliest), when the plumbers, builders and electricians have finished their work (and when the Welsh Assembly Government make further announcements). The disposal point and water taps on the site will be available to campers between 11th July and 1st August (and there are public toilets in the beach car park).
- The farm fields (13 acres, or nearly 10 football pitches) above the beach will hopefully open on Saturday 1st August. These will provide 'wild camping' for tents and trailer tents, with places to pitch that are set far apart. There are water taps located in most fields, but main facilities are close to the beach.
- For a 'live' image of Whitesands Beach: https://youtu.be/4MjvSFTXyV0
Main site (30 pitches): Tents, trailer tents, campervans (such as VW T5) and smaller sized motorhomes are welcome. Sorry, we do not have pitches for caravans, very large motorhomes ('A' class and RV), or very large (LWB) vans.
Farm fields: Hope to be open August 2020 (tents and accompanying vehicles, and trailer tents only).
We do not formally take bookings at any time of year and cannot allocate pitches in advance: "first-come-first-served policy".
Tariff 2020 season
- Adults: £9 per person per night (16 years+).
- Children: £3 per night (2-15 year old); under 2s foc.
- Hookup: £5 per night (only available on small site), 'first come first served', cannot be booked.
- Dogs: £2 per night.
- Awnings: £1 per night.
- Additional Cars: £1 per night (first car free).
- Payment: Famous Pete works in Car Park Ticket Office. Card (preferred), Cash or cheque.
- Arrival time: Not before 12pm mid-day.
- Departure time: No later than 12pm mid-day.
- No Peak Season Increases. Same prices as last year 2019.
The new Shower and Toilet Block will be ready for the for the 2020 season, hopefully by 1st August. Good progress has been made on this project so far.
There are 14 electric hook-ups on the main site ("first-come-first-served"). It is not possible to book hook-ups in advance.
Electric showers are £1 for a token, obtained from Famous Pete.
We do not allow campfires (on the ground), and Chinese lanterns may not be lit or launched on site (the campsite is part of a working farm).
In the interests of other campers, dogs should be kept under close control or preferably on a lead on the site.
To avoid damage to the grass-cutting machinery and natural environment: campers are requested not to remove stones from the hedges, or leave them on the fields: Respect the Farm.
The main 30 pitch site is fairly flat, sloping gently down towards the sea; the farm fields above the beach (open in August) all have flat areas mainly next to the hedges, but if you camp on a sloping section it would be wise to park your vehicle across rather than facing downhill.
10% discount given for groups of 20 or more. Please e-mail your requirements for larger parties.
Groups of under-18s are accepted if contact details of "a responsible adult" are provided by e-mail, and payment for the camping visit is made in advance, on arrival.
In 2020 we will accept card payments, cash or cheques.
Broadband Wi-Fi available on site - charge made for use by Dragon Wi fi (first 10 minutes free, 24 hours 2 devices £5; 3 days 3 devices £12; 7 days 2 devices £15).
10% discount given by Ma Simes Surf Hut (on site in August) 01437 720 433.
10% discount given for those on site by Aquaphobia Boat Trips 01437 720 471.