Whitesands Camping® is the only campsite situated right next to Whitesands beach. You can’t get much further away from the hustle and bustle of modern life than this!
Campers have stayed here since the 1930s. We adopt a family-focused and friendly approach to our many return and first time visitors. No need to book in advance (we don't make bookings), just turn up, choose your pitch on the day, and find "Famous" Pete who manages the site and may be found in the Car Park Ticket Office or Tan-y-Bryn (white house opposite tent site).
Main Site 30 pitches: tents, trailer tents, campervans and 'light' motorhomes Normally open from Easter school holidays through to the end of October.
Covid 19 (Welsh Assembly Government) update: since 25th July we can now welcome motorhomes, campervans and tents.
Farm Fields (tents plus accompanying vehicles, and trailer tents only) now open.
Tariff and Terms Please go to this section of the website for details (updated daily): http://whitesandscamping.co.uk/tariff-terms.html
Payment We accept payment by card (preferred), cash or cheque.
Facilities A newly built Shower and Toilet Block will be ready for early August (scheduled Wednesday 5th August). This will have separate male and female sections and a disabled washroom. There will be 5 electric hot showers (operated with tokens, available from "Famous Pete"), an outside cold water shower, 6 toilets plus urinal, an outside sink for washing-up, and a grey waste point. There are fourteen electric hook-ups on the main site ("first come first served", they cannot be booked in advance), and water taps dotted about the place. On site, you can book surf lessons and hire equipment in peak season; windbreaks and recliners can also be rented at the beach car park. Broadband Wi-Fi is available on site (charge made by Dragon WiFi, first 10 minutes free).
We do not cater for caravans or very large 'A' Class motorhomes or recreational vehicles (RVs). There are other nearby sites inland that specialise in these.
- July2020 - Whitesands chosen in list of 'top 50 UK beaches' by Travel section of The Sunday Times.
- July 2020 - St Davids placed in the Which top ten UK Seaside Towns.
- January 2020 - Whitesands New Year Swim (in aid of local charities). Registration at 1100 - Enter Water at 1200.
- 25 October 2019 - Whitesands Autumn Beach Clean.
- September 2019 - Open National Surf Championships (slsgb.org.uk) held at Whitesands; and archaeological dig of St Patrick's Chapel right next to the beach.
- August 2019 - 'Lonely Planet' guides listed Pembrokeshire Coast National Park in the 'top 10' (of 500) sights to visit in the UK.
- July 2018 - Sunday Times Travel section chose Whitesands as one of the "top 50 beaches in the UK", and recommended Whitesands Camping® as "the best place to stay" to enjoy the beach.
- 2014 - Whitesands Camping came top of the Weather Channel's "Ten Coolest Campsites in Britain": "Once you're in Britain’s smallest city, St Davids, take a drive down a winding country road to reach Pembrokeshire’s renowned Blue Flag beach, Whitesands. Here you will find Whitesands Camping®; a low-key, no-fuss spot with the best views around and effortless access to the beach. Nights are the real highlight: as the beach empties, campers at Whitesands more or less have their own private patch of sand – perfect for games and BBQs as the sun fades and the moon gradually illuminates the sea".
- Whitesands Beach was chosen as the Countryfile Magazine "Beach of the Year 2014/15". It is a Blue Flag beach (meeting stringent water standards) and is recommended by the Marine Conservation Society for high quality water.
The Beach Café is open for most of the year.
The "Coaster" bus travels back and fore to St Davids between 30th March and 30th September (0835 to 1835 during the summer months); and the beach is manned by RNLI Lifeguards over the same period (daily between May and September).
Pembrokeshire Coast National Park imposes a dog ban on Whitesands Beach between 1st May and 30th September. The coast path, Whitesands dunes and nearby Porthsele or Porth Melgan beaches (15 minutes away) do not have dog restrictions. The site accepts well behaved owners and their dogs.
So, if you want a relaxed, no-frills tent site, situated right next to a stunning beach with "the best views around" - then Whitesands Camping® should be your first choice!