Whitesands Camping® is the only campsite next to the 'blue flag' Whitesands Beach.
No need to book in advance (we don't make bookings) just turn up, choose your pitch and check in with Mark when the site office is open (0900-1000 and 1600-1700, with other hours posted on the office window). No deposit. No fuss. Relaxed atmosphere. Beach vibe. Family friendly. Stay as long as you want (most stay longer). We have kept our prices for Adults and Children the same for the last 3 years.
Awarded "Best Coastal Family Campsite 2022 - South Wales" by Best of British Getaways.
Main Site 30 pitches: tents, trailer tents, campervans and 'light' motorhomes (below 7m). Open from Easter school holidays through to the end of October.
Farm Fields Tents plus accompanying vehicles, and trailer tents only; now open; 13 acres of farm fields, or 10 football pitches; plenty of room. Park next to your pitch. By far the best sea views in the area.
We do not cater for caravans, or very large 'A' Class motorhomes (0ver 7 metres) or recreational vehicles (RVs). There are other nearby sites inland that specialise in these.
Payment Although we still accept cash payments, contactless and card payments are preferred.
Facilities A newly built Shower and Toilet Block was opened in August 2020. This has separate male and female sections and a disabled washroom. There are 5 hot showers (operated with tokens, available from the site office), an outside cold water wash-down shower, 6 wc plus urinal, an outside sink for washing-up, and a motorhome cassette waste point. There are electric hook-ups on the main site ("first come first served", they cannot be booked in advance), and water taps dotted about the place. On site, you can book surf lessons and hire equipment in peak season; windbreaks and recliners can also be rented at the beach car park. Broadband Wi-Fi is available on site (charge made by Dragon WiFi, first 10 minutes free).
- 23 to 24 July 2022: Welsh Youth, Open and Masters Championships held at Whitesands Beach. Welcome to SLSA Wales - Surf Life Saving Association of Wales
- 20 June 2022: Awarded "Best Coastal Family Campsite 2022 - South Wales" by Best of British Getaways.
- 17 August 2021 - Filming on site for BBC2 'Saving Lives at Sea'.
- 1 July 2021 - Whitesands Camping recommended in Country Walking Magazine among its list of 18 "Pitch Perfect" campsites in the UK.
- June 2021 - Whitesands Camping chosen as Family Campsite of the Year 2021 at the 5th Annual Resort & Retreat Awards 2021.
- Summer 2021 - Whitesands Camping included by campsites.co.uk in a list of "Best Coastal Campsites UK" 25 of the UK's best coastal campsites
- June 20th 2021 - Whitesands included in Top 50 UK Beaches by Sunday Times
- June 7th 2021- Archaeological dig on St Patrick's Chapel (next to campsite) St Patrick’s Chapel, Whitesands, St Davids – Dyfed Archaeological Trust (dyfedarchaeology.org.uk)
- January 2021 - Whitesands named the most desirable beach in the UK - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/travel/welsh-beach-named-most-desirable-19108453
- October 2020 - St Davids Cathedral and Wales Coastal Path chosen in list of "top 100 unmissable world travel experiences" by Lonely Planet.
- 20 August 2020 - hosts to "The Great Tour" - national charity cycle race, raising money primarily for health-related charities.
- July2020 - Whitesands chosen in list of 'top 50 UK beaches' by Travel section of The Sunday Times.
- July 2020 - St Davids placed in the Which top ten UK Seaside Towns.
- August 2019 - 'Lonely Planet' guide lists Pembrokeshire Coast National Park in the 'top 10' (of 500) sights to visit in the UK.
- July 2018 - Sunday Times Travel section chose Whitesands as one of the "top 50 beaches in the UK", and recommended Whitesands Camping® as "the best place to stay" to enjoy the beach.
- 2014 - Whitesands Camping® came top of the Weather Channel's "Ten Coolest Campsites in Britain": "Once you're in Britain’s smallest city, St Davids, take a drive down a winding country road to reach Pembrokeshire’s renowned Blue Flag beach, Whitesands. Here you will find Whitesands Camping®; a low-key, no-fuss spot with the best views around and effortless access to the beach. Nights are the real highlight: as the beach empties, campers at Whitesands more or less have their own private patch of sand – perfect for games and BBQs as the sun fades and the moon gradually illuminates the sea".
- 2014 - Whitesands Beach chosen as the Countryfile Magazine "Beach of the Year 2014/15". It is a Blue Flag beach (meeting stringent water standards) and is recommended by the Marine Conservation Society for high quality water.
Live image of Whitesands Beach on webcam: Whitesands Bay Surf Report & Surf Forecast with Live Surf Webcams - Magicseaweed
The Beach Café and Ice Cream Hut are both open for the camping season. The "Coaster" bus travels back and fore from Whitesands Beach to St Davids throughout the day (2 miles away) between 9 April and 2 October 2022 (every half hour 0835 to 1835 during the summer months); and the beach is manned by RNLI Lifeguards over the same period (Easter, then daily 1000-1600 from 20 June and through September). Pembrokeshire Coast National Park imposes a dog ban on Whitesands Beach between 1st May and 30th September. The coast path, Whitesands dunes and nearby Porthsele or Porth Melgan beaches (20 minutes walk away) do not have dog restrictions. The site accepts well behaved owners and their dogs.
So, if you want a laid back, no fuss, no-frills tent site, situated right next to a stunning bay, at the heart of the beach action, with "the best views around" - then Whitesands Camping® will be your first choice!